One of the primary responsibilities of the Regional Paramedic Program for Eastern Ontario is to monitor and ensure compliance of Advanced Life Support Patient Care Standards provided by paramedics in our catchment area. This is accomplished in a number of ways:
- Monitoring ambulance call reports (ACRs) in which a controlled act was performed by a paramedic or was indicated but not provided,
- Performing clinical focused audits,
- Assisting in or conducting a review or investigation of a complaint,
- Applying a system and/or process approach to patient care variances,
- Evaluating the effectiveness of controlled medical act training, certification and continuing medical education,
- Providing positive feedback to paramedics via clinical excellence letters and survivor pins.
- Retrospective analysis and decision making of calls during Regional Clinical Review committee meetings
- By performing all of the above, the Quality Management portfolio can offer recommendations to the Senior Management Team, the education portfolio and to the EMS services in our catchment area.