Paramedicine Medication Safety (8 ELECTIVE CME CREDITS - ECA-872 )
October 1 and 2, 2020 - Two Day Online workshop. 0900-1530 and 0900 - 1300 on day two.
1. How systems theory and human factors principles impact error potential and solution development;
2. Why it is important to consider the full incident management continuum;
3. How to complete a system-based analysis; and
4. How to redesign systems for safety.
On completion of the FMEA portion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Identify processes suitable for analysis using FMEA;
2. Describe the steps required to complete an FMEA;
3. Map out a process and identify potential failure modes;
4. Develop redesign strategies based on systems theory and basic human factors principles; and
5. Apply principles learned to support medication safety activities in their practice setting
RPPEO has pre-approved this education for 8 elective CME credits. Please quote ECA-872 when submitting proof of attendance.