RPPEO is hiring ACP contract ACR Reviewers
We are looking for ACPs to provide contract services in Peer Reviews of ACRs, on a 1-year (renewable) contract, with a 2-year commitment.
Apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to Erin Lindsay (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 31 May 2023
- Five years of practice as a paramedic with at least two years as an ACP
- Currently certified and practicing as a paramedic within our region, and in good standing
- Access to a computer with stable internet connection
- Excellent knowledge of the ALS PCS, BLS PCS and other Paramedic Practice Documents
- Able to commit to a minimum of 8-hours per week
- A basic understanding of quality reviews is an asset
ACP Contract Peer Reviewers
As part of our mandate from the Ministry of Health, the RPPEO conducts clinical reviews of patient care that starts with an initial review of Ambulance Call Reports (ACR). The first part of this review is a Peer Review by practicing Advanced Care Paramedics, who review ACRs for clinical care within the patient care standards and assess for patient safety concerns. Most ACRs for review include the performance of a delegated medical act.
Info about the role
- These are contractor postings, if successful you will be hired as an independent contractor, not a part-time employee.
- Workspace, computer equipment and internet access will not be provided by RPPEO.
- You will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement with The Ottawa Hospital.
- The minimum 8-hours per week is your commitment based on a minimum number of charts to review on a given cycle, the RPPEO cannot not guarantee a minimum number of hours or ACRs to review.
- The 8-hours per week is asynchronous, may be averaged out over a two-week period, and it is understood that you will occasionally take vacation or otherwise require time out from your contract.
- There will occasionally be a requirement for training, this will occur live online at a mutually convenient time.
- Training will be provided and biannual reviews of performance will be conducted.
- The selection process will be a review of your resume and cover letter, testing, and an interview.
For any queries on these opportunities, please email email@example.com