We are actively seeking to fill the role of a full time Coordinator in our Department.
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you.
- Location: Ottawa/Kingston
- Department: Base Hospital Administration
- Job ID 71824
- Regular, Full Time
- Directly apply to The Ottawa Hospital job site: Online Posting
- A Bachelor's Degree in Health Sciences or in a related field;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as an Advanced Care Paramedic or related clinical competency;
- Minimum two (2) years of recent experience with quality improvement processes;
- Demonstrated experience in the development of course content/curriculum, project management and in the delivery of educational material to adult learners;
- Demonstrated presentation skills including knowledge of computer software, multimedia tools, abstract submission, program proposal and report writing;
- Advanced knowledge of software applications such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet resources, audio-visual equipment, etc.;
- Knowledge of current trends and legislation pertaining to the delivery of pre-hospital care and emergency health services in Ontario;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making skills required for successful group leadership;
- Demonstrated ability in working effectively with all members of the health care team;
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitator/coaching skills;
- Willing to travel regionally and locally;
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Formal training in adult education;
- Formal training in quality improvement;
- Post graduate education in quality improvement, adult learning, business or related field;
- Investigation and interview training;
- Incident Analysis and Human Factors training;
- Proficiency in English and French – oral expression (advanced level) and comprehension (advanced level).
How to Apply
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process.