• Home
  • Loss or theft of controlled substances

Reporting of loss or theft of controlled substances, precursors and cannabis

Guidance Document: Document #: CS-GD-005

Published by authority of the Minister of Health


This document provides guidance to regulated parties and exemptees under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA), the Cannabis Act (CA) and their regulations in completing a Loss or Theft Report form for controlled substances, precursors and cannabis.

Regulated parties and exemptees must notify the Minister of the loss or theft of controlled substances in accordance with the relevant regulations or the conditions of their exemption. Such notification must be submitted to Health Canada, Office of Controlled Substances (OCS) using the Loss or Theft Report Form for Controlled Substances, Precursors and Cannabis (CS-FRM-011).

Downloaf the PDF Form:

Local: 613-737-7228 | Long Distance: 877-587-7736

Ottawa, 2475 Don Reid Drive, Ottawa, On, K1H 1E2
Kingston, 400-1471 John Counter Blvd, Kingston, ON, K7M 8S8