Treatment 101 for public safety personnel is an eight-module online course designed to support Public safety personnel (PSP) in making informed decisions about their mental health care. This course will walk participants through the process of deciding upon and obtaining mental health services; and includes topics such as insurance coverage, types of service providers, relevant terms and definitions, evidence-based treatment options, tips for choosing a mental health service provider, and what to expect at the first appointment with a mental health care professional.
• Date: February 13 – February 18, 2023
• Language(s): English
• Time Commitment: Approximately six hours over the course of one week. The course may be completed in one sitting, or participants may save their progress and complete the content at their own pace. Course will be available at 8am CST on February 13, 2023. Course must be completed no later than 11:59pm CST on February 18, 2023.
• Modality: Asynchronous
• Delivery: Online — Course platform
• Achievement: Certificate of Completion
• Cost: No cost, funded via Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
• Additional Information: You will be contacted by CIPSRT one week prior to the course start date with additional instructions and information, including information on our research surveys
Note: Registration closes on February 5, 2023.